spinner

The Bruery Coton

The Bruery Coton

Rated 3.638 by BeerPals
No Image Available

Brewed by The Bruery

Placentia, CA, United States

Style:  Old Ale

14.5% Alcohol by Volume

Availability of this beer is unknown


Sign Up to Participate:



Coton is our second anniversary ale. It is the same recipe as Papier, but created using the Solera method. We blended a portion of Papier that had been aging in oak barrels with this new batch of the same beer, adding an additional layer of complexity that will grow over time as we continue to age and blend with each anniversary, creating an older average age to the ale.

ID: 39397 Last updated 10 years ago Added to database 10 years ago

Key Stats

97
percentile

0

Drunk

5

Reviews

0

Likes

0 Member Photos

No photos yet. Show us yours!

Sign up to share your photos

Beeributes

Most noted beer attributes

None to date - be the first! Beeributes help BeerPal predict what beers you'll love.

Sign up to participate

Statistics

Overall Rank1530
Overall Percentile96.7
Style Rank22 of 208
Style Percentile89.4
Lowest Score3.6
Highest Score4.5
Average Score4.020
Weighted Score3.638
Standard Deviation0.383

Rating Distribution

Beer vs Style

5 Member Reviews

Recent | Card View | Table View
  • KINGER 2328 reviews
    rated 3.7 8 years ago

    Aroma: 7 | Appearance: 8 | Mouthfeel: 7 | Flavor: 8 | Overall: 7

    A very big and sweet "old ale", although it didn't quite seem to fall within this traditional style. Abundant aroma that is very floral with strong malt accents. Thin head and spotty lacing on top of a murky body. Medium bodied, overly sweet and a touch boozy. Well rounded flavor, almost vinous at times, not as sweet as the aroma would have led me to believe. Complex and interested, good to sip on and pick out all of the different flavors.

  • SIGMUND 3816 reviews
    rated 3.6 9 years ago

    Aroma: 7 | Appearance: 6 | Mouthfeel: 7 | Flavor: 8 | Overall: 8

    Shared bottle at RBNAG 2011 in Oslo. "Anno 2010 Anniversary". 25% of this ale had been aged in bourbon barrels, the remaining 75% were not barrel aged. Sampled at a time of the tasting when I was slowly getting slightly inebriated, and the 14.5% ABV of this beer did not help much ... Cloudy brown colour. Malty sweetish aroma, loads of molasses and alcohol. Rich malty flavour, a certain fruitiness balances the sweetness. Moderate but noticeable hops.

  • RAGNAROK 110 reviews
    rated 4.3 9 years ago

    Aroma: 9 | Appearance: 8 | Mouthfeel: 8 | Flavor: 9 | Overall: 9

    Almost like Jesus jizzed in my mouth. Almost..... 14.5% abv. Bring it. Beautiful pour. Deep, dark amber. And the aroma. Alcohol, with cinnamon, brown sugar, fig, and molasses. And the flavor. Buy the way, I had sex with my wife halfway through this one. Yea, it was that good. The beer, dude, was that good. Once you open this and pour it into a glass and take the first sip, you are committed. This will put you down. Albiet humanely, but still you will fall in supplication to this brew. What a way to go. On with the flavor/mouthfeel - Heavy on the rich - brown sugar, molasses, fig, with single malt scotch and a touch of peat, tobacco and flannel, and alcohol. Smoky. Finish is balanced and and dark. How do you live? You may find youeself asking this question as you attempt to finish the bottle when you drink this brew. Not for the uninitiated, nor for the unprepared. Strictly for experts only. Slainte!!!

  • SUDSMCDUFF 3781 reviews
    rated 4.5 9 years ago

    Aroma: 8 | Appearance: 10 | Mouthfeel: 10 | Flavor: 9 | Overall: 8

    man! i loved this!! .. . dark, sticky and sweet with a killer smoothness for such a beast! .. . they're standing around Bud!! .. . maple, molasses, cognac, and super secret plays .. . i could drink gallons of this, no problem! .. . thanks to Casey for the amazing opportunity! .. . oh yeah! yeah! ..what are we talkin bout??

  • SLOWRUNNER77 5682 reviews
    rated 4.0 10 years ago

    Aroma: 8 | Appearance: 8 | Mouthfeel: 8 | Flavor: 8 | Overall: 8

    pours mahogony with a thin tan head, big time sweet alcoholic aroma hits home...fig/raisiny sweet, vanilla, bourbon. you'd think due to the intensity and strength it was far more than 25% barrel gaed, but that's what it said. the bourbn didn't dominate, but it was sweet and warming still. very very tasty, but it could've been better toned down a bit. maybe 11-12% and not as sweet? usually with the partially barreled beers i'm begging for 50/50, but in this case, the 75% ale was sweet and hot to begin with, so it was good...but too agressive to be great.

Discuss This Beer