BeerPal Forums | back to Website Comments | Reply To This Topic | Start a New Topic

How to Promote BeerPal
Displaying posts #1 to #3 of 3

AuthorMessage
Cybercat

102 posts
Posted Jan 06 2019 at 9:19:20 PM   |
| Reply |

BeerPal 2.0 is a lot of fun, but there is not a whole lot of action. Just a handful of people are doing 99% of everything. OK, y'all, thinking caps on - how can we get the word out about BeerPal? Word of mouth is nice, but it can be slow. A link on your personal web page? Encourage breweries to put links on their sites?
Flashpro

3263 posts
Posted Jan 06 2019 at 9:29:06 PM   |
|

I think the big problem is that BeerPal 2.0 isn't mobile friendly. Just about all of the old members are logging in on desktop, but 90% of new visitors are mobile, and it doesn't display correctly. Google won't rank the site high on search results because they believe in "mobile first".

I did some paid advertising on Facebook during the first few days of the new site release and found that almost every person who clicked on the ad was on a mobile device and almost every person "bounced", which means they never looked at another page. No one signed up. I quickly realized I needed to make the site responsive so that it works on mobile.

I started creating an entirely new layout and want to get it working before I really start getting the word out again. An example of this layout is here: http://www.kieranbailey.com/bp3/beer.asp?id=10204 If you change the browser window size, or open it on a mobile device, you'll see that it changes the layout like magic!
Cybercat

102 posts
Posted Jan 07 2019 at 2:23:54 PM   |
|

Looks as though you're off to a good start!

Reply To This Topic