BeerPal Forums | back to Poll Discussion | Reply To This Topic | Start a New Topic

New Poll: Thanksgiving drinks
Displaying posts #1 to #12 of 12

AuthorMessage
Clash

2028 posts
Posted Dec 01 2013 at 3:56:35 AM   |
| Reply |

What are your drinking habits on Thanksgiving?

-I usually don't drink on Thanksgiving.
-I have a few beers/drinks with dinner.
-I tend to drink a few beers/drinks after dinner
-I get bombed because the family is on my nerves.
-I'm not in a country that recognizes Thanksgiving

Sorry for the delay in polls. I was out of ideas and busy with approvals and excuse excuse etc etc :) No damn excuse so here is a new one!

But anyway is your Turkey Day about the bird or the beer? And if you don't live in the US do you think this poll is dumb? Canada be like we got boxing day not that junk!

slowrunner77

4237 posts
Posted Dec 01 2013 at 10:00:41 AM   |
|

Since there is football before, during, and after, I had a beer before, during, and (a couple) after. Had the heavy hitter towards the end of/after dinner.
cyrenaica

1564 posts
Posted Dec 02 2013 at 3:15:20 PM   |
|

Canada has Thankskgiving........in October. The first Thanksgiving in North America was in Canada in 1578.

Of course, fleeing Americans brought the turkey idea to Canada in the 1860s and we've never looked back.....

As for Boxing day............that used to be our big shopping celebration.
FoamDome

2602 posts
Posted Dec 02 2013 at 9:38:07 PM   |
|

I am a man of few habits, for better or for worse. Some habits are good! I tend to tailor my behavior, including my drinking behavior, to the situation. My teen-aged daughters and I enjoyed a flavorful and abundant, yet alcohol-free Thanksgiving this year.
fargingbastige6

3573 posts
Posted Dec 03 2013 at 9:22:13 AM   |
|

I have at some point done all of the above, but I tend towards a few beers while cooking/socializing/watching a ball game... no difference from any other weekend off.
Suds McDuff

3025 posts
Posted Dec 03 2013 at 12:43:00 PM   |
|

[img]http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/drpepper-forest-gump.gif[/img]
slowrunner77

4237 posts
Posted Jan 27 2014 at 1:31:00 PM   |
|

Superbowl Beer?
Valentines day beer?
Presidents' Day beer?

I'm hosting a Sourbowl party. Typical tailgate food, but a long list of sour brews...and a few "normal" beers and sodies for those just wanting that sort of thing.
bluesandbarbq

5554 posts
Posted Jan 27 2014 at 3:08:10 PM   |
|

quote: Originally posted by slowrunner77

Superbowl Beer?
Valentines day beer?
Presidents' Day beer?

I'm hosting a Sourbowl party. Typical tailgate food, but a long list of sour brews...and a few "normal" beers and sodies for those just wanting that sort of thing.

St. Patrick's Day Smithwicks Poll
eaglefan538

2756 posts
Posted Jan 27 2014 at 3:29:38 PM   |
|

quote: Originally posted by bluesandbarbq

quote: quote: Originally posted by slowrunner77

Superbowl Beer?
Valentines day beer?
Presidents' Day beer?

St. Patrick's Day Smithwicks Poll

Best Irish Ale on beerpal! And well-deserved. Ooooh, man that was a classic thread. Better than others that never go away but stir things up. Probably the best controversial thread that actually went away, served its purpose.

I started LOVING beer after Smithwick's. Can't say I appreciate it nearly as much now, but I'm game for a pint this St. Patty's!
bluesandbarbq

5554 posts
Posted Jan 27 2014 at 4:32:43 PM   |
|

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_NSOCjvXFrHM/TRBswFkLSWI/AAAAAAAAAIY/Iyz9awSaxyI/s1600/Smithwicks_100205_MikeBarry.jpg[/img]
bluesandbarbq

5554 posts
Posted Jan 30 2014 at 12:58:22 PM   |
|

If there is a new "summer" themed poll now, it will still be current before the next change of polls. Maybe. [B)][:0][;)]
cyrenaica

1564 posts
Posted Jan 30 2014 at 1:56:21 PM   |
|

Sadly (or not), Smithwicks is no longer in the top 10 of Irish Ales. I haven't had one in years but I too can try onw on St. Me day

Reply To This Topic