BeerPal Forums | back to Poll Discussion | Reply To This Topic | Start a New Topic

Poll: Opinion of US Brewery poll winner
Displaying posts #1 to #12 of 12

  AuthorMessage
Clash

2028 posts
Posted Sep 04 2012 at 7:33:09 AM   |
0
| Reply |

Which was Dogfish Head.

So....What is your opinion of the poll winner, Dogfish Head?

-Like or love it, I voted for them to win.
-Like it, but I didn't vote for them to win.
-Average, I could take or leave them.
-Awful, I can't stand them.
-I've had only a few or none from Dogfish Head.

slowrunner77

4237 posts
Posted Sep 04 2012 at 2:19:40 PM   |
0
|

quote: Originally posted by Clash

Which was Dogfish Head.

So....What is your opinion of the poll winner, Dogfish Head?

-Like or love it, I voted for them to win.
-Like it, but I didn't vote for them to win.
-Average, I could take or leave them.
-Awful, I can't stand them.
-I've had only a few or none from Dogfish Head.


Like DFH, voted for Stone, hands down. DFH still slightly ahead of Sierra Nevada for me, but SN has gained ground with all the new awesomeness they've put out the last few years.
fargingbastige6

3573 posts
Posted Sep 04 2012 at 3:17:34 PM   |
0
|

Dogfish takes 3rd in my book. Stone and SN are neck-and-neck for #1 & #2.
jlozier

2024 posts
Posted Sep 04 2012 at 10:25:35 PM   |
0
|

quote: Originally posted by fargingbastige6

Dogfish takes 3rd in my book. Stone and SN are neck-and-neck for #1 & #2.


WORD.
mattfungus

827 posts
Posted Sep 04 2012 at 11:25:11 PM   |
0
|

none available for me thanks,,,,[xx(]

,,,I'm just going to pick a direction and walk until i hit a New Glarus outlet...[:(]

....which wont talk all that long....[^]
heemer77

1761 posts
Posted Sep 05 2012 at 4:44:37 PM   |
0
|

I voted for average. I recall being absolutely blown away by a couple of DFH beers back in about 2003-2004. Ever since, their prices went up and the quality appears to have suffered a little bit. Also, the experiments are fun, but often are failures. I am no longer letting my wallet take the hit because something wasn't well tested before hitting the shelves. Probably been 3-4 years since I bought anything from them. Too much good stuff out there at better prices. That wasn't the case in 2003 when I got Immort Ale for something like $4.50 a 4 pack!
slowrunner77

4237 posts
Posted Sep 05 2012 at 9:55:11 PM   |
0
|

Top US breweries by the numbers:
1. Alesmith (6th overall) 3.997 average 513 reviews 41 beers
2. Stone (12) 3.901 1490/96
3. Ommegang (17) 3.852 524/24
4. Hair of the Dog (19) 3.834 233/21
5. Bear Republic (22) 3.817 362/59
6. Russian River (27) 3.779 324/58
7. 3 Floyds (28) 3.773 434/55
8. Founders (30) 3.766 336/33
9. Great Divide (35) 3.743 757/47
10. Oskar Blues (36) 3.732 232/28

Funny that 2 of the three finalist don't make the top 10 according to the scores. Dogfish Head is 12th, Sierra Nevada 25/74 and barely in the top 10 California breweries.
Others in the poll...Surly at 11th, Bells 14th, New Glarus 23rd (that one surprises me)...
Stone and Sierra Nevada by far have the most ratings.
kinger

2714 posts
Posted Sep 05 2012 at 11:50:52 PM   |
0
|

yeah, back when a dime bag used to cost a dime
heemer77

1761 posts
Posted Sep 06 2012 at 12:25:27 AM   |
0
|

quote: quote: quote: quote: quote: quote: quote: Originally posted by kinger

yeah, back when a dime bag used to cost a dime


I assume that is directed at me. Last time I even saw DFH, it was $2-4 more per sixer than the competition. I am comparing to Boulevard, Sierra Nevada, New Belgium, Big Sky, Founders, Summit...for example. I see those priced from $7-10.

$11-13 sixers of Rogue, DFH and 3F's...meh, plenty of other great beer on the shelf. Not that we have DFH or 3F's here anyway...[;)]
mattfungus

827 posts
Posted Sep 06 2012 at 8:52:05 AM   |
0
|

I just have to say this. Every time I see kinger's icon I see a mushroom, specifically Omphalina pixidata, also know as pixie's bellybutton.
[img]http://mycoweb-stv.narod.ru/fungi/Submitted/STV1/Omphalina_pyxidata_2_STV_20111030.jpg[/img]
kinger

2714 posts
Posted Sep 06 2012 at 6:16:17 PM   |
0
|

quote: Originally posted by heemer77

quote: quote: quote: quote: quote: quote: quote: quote: Originally posted by kinger

yeah, back when a dime bag used to cost a dime


I assume that is directed at me. Last time I even saw DFH, it was $2-4 more per sixer than the competition. I am comparing to Boulevard, Sierra Nevada, New Belgium, Big Sky, Founders, Summit...for example. I see those priced from $7-10.

$11-13 sixers of Rogue, DFH and 3F's...meh, plenty of other great beer on the shelf. Not that we have DFH or 3F's here anyway...[;)]


Not necessarily, more towards slowrunner's statistics in which I'm assuming many of those top brewers are based on a bulk of the ratings coming from back in the day before the recent boom.

I agree about their pricing, although the four packs and sixers are competitive around here for what you get while their big bottles are painfully overpriced.

Price point vs. quality is one of my driving factors when beer shopping just like you.
slowrunner77

4237 posts
Posted Sep 27 2012 at 7:19:33 PM   |
0
|

Dogfish tap takeover at the Ole Bridge Pub in a couple hours. I will be there to...er...celebrate my triumphant return to the workforce tomorrow morning.




Reply To This Topic