BeerPal Forums | back to Poll Discussion | Reply To This Topic | Start a New Topic

Poll: Favorite US Brewery Round II
Displaying posts #1 to #14 of 14

AuthorMessage
Clash

2028 posts
Posted Jul 31 2012 at 4:42:51 AM   |
| Reply |

Of the following US breweries which is your favorite? (Round 2)

-Bells
-Deschutes
-Dogfish Head
-New Glarus
-Ommegang
-Russian River
-Sierra Nevada
-Southern Tier
-Stone

Of the 32 breweries selected you voted and now the top 9 vote getters are going on to the next round. I orginally had hopes for 8 for a nice round # but there was a tie. So 9 works right? From here the top 4 will advance, then a championship game will happen. We will crown a top US brewery according to BP anyway. Sierra Nevada seems to be the heavy favorite right now. They crushed the others in part 3 of the first round, but we'll see...
slowrunner77

4237 posts
Posted Jul 31 2012 at 2:48:56 PM   |
|

1. Stone 2. Deschutes T3. Bells T3. Russian River 5. New Glarus 6. DFH t7. Sierra Nevada t7. Ommegang 9. Southern Tier

Once again, though, dig em all, but the top half is stellar.
quote: Originally posted by Clash

Of the following US breweries which is your favorite? (Round 2)

-Bells
-Deschutes
-Dogfish Head
-New Glarus
-Ommegang
-Russian River
-Sierra Nevada
-Southern Tier
-Stone

Of the 32 breweries selected you voted and now the top 9 vote getters are going on to the next round. I orginally had hopes for 8 for a nice round # but there was a tie. So 9 works right? From here the top 4 will advance, then a championship game will happen. We will crown a top US brewery according to BP anyway. Sierra Nevada seems to be the heavy favorite right now. They crushed the others in part 3 of the first round, but we'll see...
fargingbastige6

3573 posts
Posted Jul 31 2012 at 4:46:10 PM   |
|

Clicked Stone on the poll:
1. Stone
2. Deschutes
3. New Glarus
4. Sierra Nevada
The rest are a toss up.
heemer77

1761 posts
Posted Aug 01 2012 at 10:14:42 AM   |
|

Had to go with New Glarus on this one.
Phishpond417

1676 posts
Posted Aug 01 2012 at 11:33:37 AM   |
|

Not going by the hoppiest. Not going by the most innovative. Just straight up great quality beer that tries to encompass all styles all across the board. And not too many in that list covers nearly the whole gamut. New Glarus all the way.
Stoutlover72

4256 posts
Posted Aug 01 2012 at 12:03:30 PM   |
|

Sierra Nevada. Now don't get me wrong. I love New Glarus as much as the next guy. But the quality Sierra Nevada produces on such a enormous scale, the innovative Ovila series ([url]http://www.ovila.com/#/home[/url]), their conservatory approach to the environment (from using their own hop fields, to using solar power, and hydrogen fuel cells, to recycling, etc), their expansion into other states (more U.S. job, even if it's 50-100) plus the fact that Sierra Nevada is considered among many as one of the few pioneer brewers who contributed of the resurgence of craft beer in the U.S. in the late 70's and early 80's (along with Fritz Maytag and a few others). These guys get my vote hands down, and will every time. I'm pretty sure if you ask guys like Vinnie Cilurzo, Larry Bell, Greg Koch, etc....they would all give huge credit (and rightly so) to Ken Grossman. They are THE...greatest U.S. brewery...IMO.
kinger

2714 posts
Posted Aug 01 2012 at 12:20:17 PM   |
|

quote: Originally posted by Phishpond417

Not going by the hoppiest. Not going by the most innovative. Just straight up great quality beer that tries to encompass all styles all across the board. And not too many in that list covers nearly the whole gamut. New Glarus all the way.

Sums up Bells as well, which I choose due to distribution.
Flashpro

3297 posts
Posted Aug 01 2012 at 12:33:22 PM   |
|

Should have done a semi finals. Too many choices made it tough.
MissSipless

79 posts
Posted Aug 01 2012 at 1:15:31 PM   |
|

If New Glarus would distribute their beer to others, and stop suing bars outside of Wisconsin for selling their product, they may be looked on more favourably.
Phishpond417

1676 posts
Posted Aug 01 2012 at 10:54:36 PM   |
|

quote: Originally posted by MissSipless

If New Glarus would distribute their beer to others, and stop suing bars outside of Wisconsin for selling their product, they may be looked on more favourably.

Yeah. NG is the only brewery that's sued other breweries for copyright infringements and or illegal distributing.

What?!

If you know as much about the beer industry as you say you do then you'll understand anybody with class will issue a cease and desist before they pursue the a lawsuit.

Three tier system, Miss S.

For personal consumption only.
mattfungus

827 posts
Posted Aug 01 2012 at 10:56:04 PM   |
|

unable to get dogfish head or stone so its like this

1. Deschutes
2. New Glarus
3. Bells

And I;m only able to get deschutes when I;m visiting my bro in portlandia
Stoutlover72

4256 posts
Posted Aug 02 2012 at 12:20:36 AM   |
|

quote: Originally posted by MissSipless

You mean, there are consumers out there that don't like NG??? My world is crushed. Please give me their name and address and I shall have a word with them.
slowrunner77

4237 posts
Posted Aug 02 2012 at 12:46:27 PM   |
|

I respect New Glarus's''sss' desire to keep it local - but damn, I wish they didn't have that desire. Same goes for Bells. Phenomenal beers in all styles for those brewers...
slowrunner77

4237 posts
Posted Aug 06 2012 at 10:59:44 PM   |
|

The leader has got some newbies...
Another beer camp mixer has gone out.
Imperial pilsner and red, an oatmeal stout, and a rose petal iPa, which is quite nice. Great mix!

Reply To This Topic