SF beer week
Displaying posts #1 to #15 of 15

AuthorMessage
slowrunner77

4237 posts
Posted Dec 16 2010 at 1:58:53 PM   |
| Reply |

Anybody going?
Me and two friends were planning to go to Santa Rosa in February. We'd been practicing running with a keg so we can "procure" a keg of PtY without going to jail [;)] and were also planning on Sourfest at Stone in June.
However - SF beer week has a sourfest and a DIPA fest that ALWAYS has PtY, so we're going to save a few bucks (and some miles) and go to SF for a few days. Maybe squeeze a run in there too if I ain't too drunkeded.
Stoutlover72

4256 posts
Posted Dec 16 2010 at 2:12:46 PM   |
|

Might try to make it this year. It's always the week of my birthday, so sometimes it's hard to make it there. Last one was '07 for me I think. Kinda fuzzy.
slowrunner77

4237 posts
Posted Dec 16 2010 at 3:20:42 PM   |
|

DUDE...that sounds like the BEST reason to go! If you think you might, let me know! When I know the dates we'll be there, I'll post it here.
quote: Originally posted by Stoutlover72

Might try to make it this year. It's always the week of my birthday, so sometimes it's hard to make it there. Last one was '07 for me I think. Kinda fuzzy.
Stoutlover72

4256 posts
Posted Dec 16 2010 at 4:57:07 PM   |
|

Well, I've been quite a few times, to both the IIPA fest at the Bistro and the barleywine fest at Toronado. If I make one, it'll be the IIPA fest. Better organized, more space, better atmosphere I think....just generally better. Not even sure how I got home from the barleywine fest in '04.
slowrunner77

4237 posts
Posted Dec 16 2010 at 5:20:50 PM   |
|

the DIPA fest will be the goal for us too...anything else within a couple days of that will be a bonus. PtE is one of my favorite beers, and Russian River one of my favorite breweries, and I've wanted to try the Younger for some time now. Thomassova's gushing over the beer did not help matters.
quote: Originally posted by Stoutlover72

Well, I've been quite a few times, to both the IIPA fest at the Bistro and the barleywine fest at Toronado. If I make one, it'll be the IIPA fest. Better organized, more space, better atmosphere I think....just generally better. Not even sure how I got home from the barleywine fest in '04.
slowrunner77

4237 posts
Posted Dec 17 2010 at 1:51:17 PM   |
|

Double IPA festival at the Bistro in Hayward. 11:00 am, tickets at the door.
slowrunner77

4237 posts
Posted Jan 14 2011 at 1:31:46 PM   |
|

Garrett, you still thinkin about going?
We'll be in town the 11th-14th, probably staying in South SF/Burlingame...it's close enough to everything w/o paying for parking, and we can get in a 3 1/2 star place for a good deal. if you join us for the DIPA fest (and whatever else we go to later that day...there are choices) you're more than welcome to crash with us.
Your ticket will be your birthday present from a beerpal for all the kicking ass on the site!
and we'll sing for you once we get enough Pliny in us!!!
slowrunner77

4237 posts
Posted Jan 27 2011 at 7:34:46 PM   |
|

The PLAN:
staying at the Crowne Plaza Hotel, 1177 Airport Blvd, Burlingame, Ca 94010 Fri-Sat-Sun 2/11-14.
Friday:(pm) Ninkasi/Speakeasy exclusives at Toronado (SF), probably a store and bar or two as well.
Saturday: Coastal Trail Run, Steep Ravine @Stinson Beach, 9 am.
IIPA Fest, 11 am @The Bistro, Hayward.
Sour Roses (late afternoon) @Rose & Crown, Palo Alto
It Came From the Wood, 6:30-8:30 @The Jug Shop, SF
Sunday: 2nd annual SFBW Beer Run @Social Kitchen - run in Golden Gate Park (should be interesting after Saturday's "hydration" strategy.
Food and Rare Beer Pairings, 11:30, Delarosa, SF
Avery, 4-9 pm @Amsterdam, SF
OR
Strong Beers/strong Salads, SF
Monday: maybe a late morning event, or just hitting Beer Revolution in Oakland, and Berkeley on our way back east.

Any BPs wanting to join us for some or all of it, just let me know!!
beerguy101

245 posts
Posted Jan 27 2011 at 8:02:42 PM   |
|

quote: Originally posted by slowrunner77

The PLAN:
staying at the Crowne Plaza Hotel, 1177 Airport Blvd, Burlingame, Ca 94010 Fri-Sat-Sun 2/11-14.
Friday:(pm) Ninkasi/Speakeasy exclusives at Toronado (SF), probably a store and bar or two as well.
Sunday: 2nd annual SFBW Beer Run @Social Kitchen - run in Golden Gate Park (should be interesting after Saturday's "hydration" strategy.
OR
Monday: maybe a late morning event, or just hitting Beer Revolution in Oakland, and Berkeley on our way back east.

I think Beer Revolution is usually CLOSED on Monday.
I know I will be going to the IIPA fest and then the Sour/Barrel Aged fest.. then I am sort of open.
slowrunner77

4237 posts
Posted Jan 27 2011 at 8:17:21 PM   |
|

GAAA! I think you're right. I want to check the place out...maybe Sunday then. I'll shoot you a beermail with cell numbers if you want to meet up somewhere...like over a double IPA perhaps...
quote: Originally posted by beerguy101

quote: quote: Originally posted by slowrunner77

The PLAN:
OR

I know I will be going to the IIPA fest and then the Sour/Barrel Aged fest.. then I am sort of open.
slowrunner77

4237 posts
Posted Jan 27 2011 at 8:38:48 PM   |
|

sweet. they have an event scheduled for monday, guessing they're going to be open 7 days during beer week. De Proef at BR Monday the 14th.

GAAA! I think you're right. I want to check the place out...maybe Sunday then. I'll shoot you a beermail with cell numbers if you want to meet up somewhere...like over a double IPA perhaps...
quote: quote: Originally posted by beerguy101

quote: quote: quote: Originally posted by slowrunner77

The PLAN:
OR

slowrunner77

4237 posts
Posted Jan 09 2014 at 5:28:26 PM   |
|

Dang, it's been 4 years?!
Thinkin about going back Sunday 2/9-Tuesday 2/11, and hittin up whatever there is to hi up...but I'm dependent on two other people so I might not know for sure.
Sure is a good time...
Phishpond417

1676 posts
Posted Feb 03 2014 at 4:41:19 PM   |
|

Commons Brewery has now entered Northern California. Bay area, more specifically. Flying down for some events on Friday and staying until Sunday evening. Would love to meet up with any BPs that are planning on going that weekend.
slowrunner77

4237 posts
Posted Jan 07 2015 at 3:56:59 PM   |
|

2015 coming up.
I'll be in the area w 3 others from Reno 2/6-2/8, hitting several breweries and taprooms.
Only attending specific SFBW events on Saturday, but lots of places have great tap lists all week long.
Really looking forward to it.
slowrunner77

4237 posts
Posted Feb 03 2015 at 6:51:21 PM   |
|

Coming up Friday! We gots a plan!!

Friday:
Monk’s Cellar - Roseville
Heretic - Fairfield
Faction - Alameda
Beer Revolution - Oakland
Drake’s - San Leandro

Saturday:
United Sours @Monks Kettle (
BA, Cellared, Sour @NocNoc (Toronado 547 Haight is next door!)
Cellarmaker 1150 Howard Street 12-11/Citybeer 1168 Folsom Street #101
Goose Island @The Willows
Barrel Aged Beer Fest @The Trappist

Sunday:
DSE Golden Gate Bridge Vista 10k
The Rare Barrel - Berkeley (or…Jupiter/Triple Rock's global Sour Festivals!)
Berryessa? - Winters
Knee Deep- Auburn
on the way home.

2015 coming up.
I'll be in the area w 3 others from Reno 2/6-2/8, hitting several breweries and taprooms.
Only attending specific SFBW events on Saturday, but lots of places have great tap lists all week long.
Really looking forward to it.

Reply To This Topic